Re: I hate winter! (Any suggestions?)

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 1997 - 12:06:52 EST

<< Well, the weights are secure so I don't have to worry about #1. But the
 reason I have the weight in the very back is to get maximum efficiency from
 the weight. Using the basic physic of levers I thought that I would need
 less weight if it was behind the axle. If I put all the weight in the
 front it wouldn't help as much. Right? >>

   As long as you have it within a few inches of the rear axle (right over or
just in front of it) you'll have the best of both worlds. The leverage
principle is hampered by the rear springs which will tend to spread the
weight. Sort of counter acting levers. Centered directly over the axle would
be the best of all worlds if practicable in your circumstances.