Re: wheels, abs, 4WD

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 20:08:09 EST

>Dodge charges $400 each for the '94-'96 version cast wheels, so the '97
>wheels can't be cheap.

I think you can almost have wheels drilled for the Dak's bolt pattern
custom, for what the factory asks for the replacements. It's a crime --
it can't cost the factory nearly that much to make and hold inventory
on those wheels...every manufacturer does it though.

>I've been on the list from the beginning and I haven't heard of any 4W
>ABS problems and the only common 4WD problem is that they need new
>rubber booties on the CV joints now and then.

I've got the 4 channel ABS. I like it ALOT (check the archives). I would
change the fluid much more often, and use DOT 4 -- just to keep all those
tiny orifices clean.

125K miles now, with plenty of off-road abuse, and I've yet to split the
CV boot. Right front axle seal leaks if you abuse them though. [Don't
ask why never the left - its a TSB too.]

Jim
'93 4x4 V8