Re: Emergency Response Veh

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 11:20:31 EST

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 03:13:52 -0500, you wrote:

>Just curious does anyone out there run their Dakota as a emergency
>response vehicle? I am a captain in our FD and run with a dashmaster
>light and federal siren. Other than slapping a magnetic mount on the
>roof (don't want to scratch my baby) does anyone have any other light
>locations minus a lightbar.
>

>'97 Dakota Sport

        I don't run my Dak as a ERV, unless responding to a SWAT call
out. In my CC Ram (Duty Truck) I have Hide-away-Strobes lights in the
headlights and taillights in addition to a light bar and a Vortex dash
light w/ a four flash mirror. Looks like a damn X-mas tree with the
wigwags and the traffic backers going too....=20
        The hide-away-strobes are neat, you just drill a small hole in
the back of the headlight/tailight and insert the strobe. It is
totally hidden, and is incredibly bright at night, but as with any
strobe lights, they aren't too hot (bright) in the daytime. Gall's has
a major selection of lights/sirens/controlers in their catalog. Call
them at 1-800-477-7766 to get a catalog, there's a ton of fire
equipment in there too.....

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....