Re: Emergency Response Veh

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 1997 - 01:06:17 EST

<< Just curious does anyone out there run their Dakota as a emergency
 response vehicle? I am a captain in our FD and run with a dashmaster
 light and federal siren. Other than slapping a magnetic mount on the
 roof (don't want to scratch my baby) does anyone have any other light
 locations minus a lightbar. >>

   When I was a cop I ran a Fireball 2 on my windshield. There was a metal
mount that stuck via an adhesive pad to the windshield and was hinged in the
middle. This got the light up out of my line of sight. With a triflash shield
it was almost unnoticable inside the cab. I had mine mounted to the right of
the rear view mirror. Generally, i used one of the unit's cars though. 100
watt speaker on the federal box and you get through all the traffic. :-)