v8 5.2 & auto 4 speed

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 21:20:39 EST

> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 20:34:18 EST
> From: Tomdamit <Tomdamit@aol.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: Dakota R/T Sport Truck of the Year
>
> I'm curious, having recently ordered a '98 5.2 auto trans CC, as to 0-60 and
> 1/4 mile times for this iteration as opposed to the rather disappointing times
> posted by the R/T. Have any fellow listers gotten time slips yet?

I have a new, factory ordered 2x4 club cab, with ride & handeling pkg.
5.2L v8 & 4spd auto. I have about 800 miles on it, and get about 14MPG
in mixed city/hwy driveing. I hope it gets better. I got the v8
'cause the v6 I tried was pretty lame going up a classic hill (8%) in my
neighborhood, but hey, if empty and I can't accelerate past 45 mph,
I couldent liv with it. However, the v8 has so much more power, I would
compare the other truck as having a 4 banger in it. really bad.
 I'v done some acceleration up the same hill, and ther is no comparison
between the two engines. I wonder why the auto trans does not have a
lock-up torque convertor for the 4th gear. I get a 500 rpm differenece
between mataining speed, and coasting down in 4th at 60mph.
 I want to wait till it's broke in before trying the pedal to the metal.

--
Permission to use my e-mail address for unsolicited business
 e-mail is withdrawn as of Sept. 2, 1996.  Unsolicited

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."- Vice Pres. D. Quayle