Re: Low end performace

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 18:57:32 EST

> Does anyone have any suggestions for improving low speed pickup on
> a 93 Dak with a V6? I raced a guy lastnight and he damn near beat me
> because between 0-30 there is hardly any acceleration. Allthough I
> kicked is a++ after 30 mph though. The sad part was it was a Toyota
> with a V6. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> Oh yea, I also have 3.55 gears and Boche platinum plugs.
> (That could be my problem they have about 50,000 miles on them.)
>

> ~ Wayne ~

Wayne, don't feel bad. Hell when my truck was new (V8) I damn near
got beat by some guy in a Toyota Tacoma 4X4. Those things haul ass,
(about 190hp worth). It was before I got Sure Grip, and he was
launching in 4 wheel drive. He just blasted off the line and I had
to catch him, and just barely did before the end.
As far as not having any low end acceleration, have you made any
changes to your exhaust or intake thay might account for loss of low
end torque? Also you might try some plain Champion plugs, they seem
to work great for me.

Alan...