RE: RE: Cost Axle Ratio Swap

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 11:05:17 EST

Jim,
        What's the cost for a complete rear end? If it turns out to be
reasonable, I could help you out (perhaps) by taking the 3.55 off of
your hands. My 3.21 is fine for me - 3rd gear chirp if I hit it just
right - but I'd really prefer the sure grip. My truck was optioned out
when I got it (at a reasonable price), I needed a truck immediately, and
couldn't afford a new rear swap. Also told myself that the 3.21 is the
most practical. In fact, Ill still stand by that statement if your not
on ice or mud often. Wish they had a 3.21 SG - lots of highway miles for
me. From what I've gathered, the late model sure grips weren't available
in 3.21. It would be nice to have in the mud. No preaching about me
needing a 4wd! Thank God that I have the truck I do - would just like to
transfer power to the ground through both rear tires.
        Tate