Re: Low end performace

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 12:06:21 EST

> How much did the Sure Grip set you back? ($$)

The parts came from the dealer so they were high I'm sure at $400,
and the labor was about $150 - $200. It was my most expensive mod to
date but gained me the most at the track. .5 seconds. I went from a
15.7 to 15.2 with no other modifications. And it also makes getting
up those slippery boat ramps a breeze.
You can get the part for probably half of what I spent if you go
aftermarket.

> The engine is probably not breathing right because there is a foam
> pre-cleaner wrapped around the plain FRAM air filter. Nothing done
> to the exahust ... yet. Plain old champions? What about NKG's anyone
> used those?

I am currently using Chanpion Truck Plugs (Gold), they have about
30,000 on them. They still look great. But so did the previous plain
ones.

Alan...