RE: Paint

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 15:14:48 EST

I too notice the quality of paint on my truck. Near the bottom of the
passenger door, there were two spots where the orange peel "pits" were
so deep that they actually revealed the primer. Only two small pinholes,
but they were still there on my new truck. I didn't even think of asking
to have it fixed - I've already had the truck in for service NINE times
regarding paint (chips and sratches that were on the truck when I got it
- and THEY chipped the door edge TWICE while the rear speakers were
being serviced!) Told them I couldn't do without the truck until deer
season was over - will take it back after the first of the year to get
the driver's door edge redone. When I complained of scratched paint
(badly scratched) on the bottom of the door sill, the salesman told me
"the door sills are never going to be perfect". I told him that other
people might not care, but I did. I even tried to buy Dodge door sill
guards and another salesman told me Dodge didn't make them - I might
find a pair at a truck accessories shop. Funny - two days later at
another dealership, I bought a pair of those guards that Dodge didn't
make. I guess the MOPAR packaging and the big Ram logo stamped into the
center was what confused the salesman! At least I've put about 3,000 on
their loaner cars. I love my truck, but if you're in the Dallas area and
you're in the market for any Chrysler product, for God's sake, stay away
from Manuel Chrysler/Dodge in Richardson, Tx. - also known as "customer
service Hell".
        Tate