Re: Re: Rims/Tires for sale:

From: cvidos@io.com
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 07:01:36 EST

> Well, anyways, dont wreck your life becasue of some greedy hospitals. Thats
> all Im saying....

To a certain extent, I agree. But I also work at a hospital, and I
can tell you that they are not "greedy." They are in business to make
money, just like everybody else.

AND, the notion that "they are making plenty of money off other
people and insurance" is ridiculous. Ever wonder WHY your insurance
is so high? Ever wonder WHY the doctors charge so much? Let me give
you a few answers: Deadbeat patients who don't pay their bills;
somebody has to make up for it. SUE-HAPPY patients and the attorneys
who represent them. MALPRACTICE insurance companies who must charge
physicians outrageous premiums so that they're covered when the above
mentioned sues the doc. LOTS of things.

Ever wonder why Columbia/HCA is pretty much taking over the
healthcare world? It's because hospitals left and right are going out
of business because they can't afford to stay IN business. Main
reason: Patients aren't paying their bills. Simple as that.

-Carl