Dak problems, V6s, comments

From: tstevens@texas.net
Date: Sat Dec 20 1997 - 22:38:12 EST

Hi all,

Great group. I've been "lurking" for a while, so here's my input...

'94 Dakota CC 4x4, stick, minor intake tweaks (listed below):

I, too, have a puddle of water on my passenger-side floor after
it rains; then again, a carwash robot tried to rip off my mirror
on that side. Probably gets in there.

My windshield cracked from Texas heat 2 weeks after I bought the
truck. Then a rock put another crack in it.
My driver's seat recliner broke at 1 year, fixed it with a BIG bolt.
Then my passenger seat refused to fold forward. Now driver's seat
does the same. The acceleration sucks where my wife's '92 (auto)
and a friend's '93 (stick) V6 Dakota Sport both screamed. (Is that
just due to the extra 4x4 weight)? Any comments or advise on these
problems would be appreciated. Still love the truck, though.

Anyone intrested in 2-5 extra ponies should remove their foam turtle-
neck guard from around their air filter (as if you haven't) and
remove the deflector at the mouth of the air intake behind the grill
(don't know about '97-8).

tbs
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)