Re: SLT and Intermediate Shaft. Long, but the last one.

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Mon Dec 22 1997 - 09:35:50 EST

be where he prefers to be. I will continue on my own to get a simple
part umber and when I do so will have my truck repaired. I will only
make a very simple post to the list stating that the shaft has been
replaced. If anyone wants to know the details at that point, they can
contact me directly.
    Rob, I never "bad-mouthed" your dealer, just told you that he is
telling you something that is not correct for us here in the states. I
do believe in my dealer and their abilities as mechanics, I simply did
not have the time that day to wait on them, so I asked a simple question
to the list. I will not hunt down what you are looking for in Canada as
I honestly don't give a flying fuck what Canadian dealerships do or how
they treat their customers. My concern is how to get my 2 month new
truck repaired here in the USA. That's where I live, and its where I'm
staying.
    I joined this list about 9 months ago with the hopes that I would
learn enough about Dakota's that when it came time to buy one, I would
know what to expect. That time has come and gone and I have had my truck
now for 2 months. I absolutely love it. But, during those 9 months I
have sat back and watched as one person or another unintentionally upset
someone else on the list. The ensuing battle was to say the least, a
little embarrassing. Now don't get me wrong here, 99% of the people
here, never touched those battles and in stead just let them die of
their own accord. I know there were entire digest's I simply deleted
after reading the list of topics enclosed as I knew they were all
arguments and flame wars.
    Once I have gotten my truck repaired and I have let everyone know, I
will be dropping myself from the list. I do not have time for this kind
of childishness. THis I'm sure will make Rob Agnew very happy. I for one
will feel a loss, but I'm very certain I get the information I want from
a more down to earth source.

<Snide snip>
- - ----> Wrong .... John, before you make presumptions about a dealer,
why
don't you phone the dealer and
ask? (250) 748-8144. Trucks are a big part of his business, one of the
reasons I bought there. Or how about trying Chrysler Canada? That's
where
the information about intermediate shafts came from. You can get the
phone
number off the web.

Believe it or not, their are some good honest CC dealers out there who
know
what they're talking about.

Better still, get a name of someone in Chrysler Canada who will verify
your
statements and I will forward that name to my dealer. I would love to
get
one of those upgraded intermediate shafts and he would be very happy to
install it under warranty.

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 08:10:17 -0800
From: Rob Agnew <ragnew@islandnet.com>

>No, you have not 'pissed off my wheaties', but demonstrated you own
childishness and ignorance. The purpose of this list is to provide
accurate
information to members not to start flame wars.<

You started the flames Rob, I only disagreed with what you said. Could
someone please show me "childishness and ignorance" in my posts. I try
to be as accommodating and polite as possible, if I'm failing in this, I
would like to change.

>I did get the facts for the Dakota. Some of us put in a little extra
effort to contribute to the list, rather than idle speculation, as on
you
part. As I said before, if you have the facts, please supply them to
the
list rather than 'bad-mouthing' my dealer. <

No one "Bad-mouthed" your dealer, and your facts are not accurate for my
geography, or anyone else's that lives in the USA.

>If you know so much, please supply a contact name in Chrysler Canada
and a
part number, I'm sure others would be pleased to have it as well as I.

Merry Xmas John<

I don't care what happens in Canada, that's your turf.
Don't wish me a Merry Xmas, your not my friend, and I'm not yours

98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO!, 3.92LSD, Tire and Handling Package,
Power Everything, Nerf Bars, Billet Grill

--
remove anti spam ^'s from reply to address to reply