Re: Re: Rear end growl redux

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 1997 - 08:36:37 EST

Pierre Lescure wrote:

> I have a '94 4X4 CC with LSD and 60,000 miles. Is this a common problem?

  Dunno. Sam Parthemer and I have very similar trucks (well, his is a tad
more modified than mine ;) and we've both had the rear end input shaft
bearings replaced. I think there were one or two other people complaining
about the noise.

  I wouldn't take it to the dealer unless you actually hear the bearings
going. It's a subtle noise, but unmistakeable and 100% reproducable when
it happens. Turn your radios off once in a while and just listen to your
truck.

  Ron