Re: Dakota R/T Availability

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 1997 - 14:49:13 EST

> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 23:25:56 -0600
> From: jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net>
> Subject: Re: DML: Dakota R/T webpage!
>
> ill be in my local dealer jan 2 trying to order one. i bet if one can
> control wheel spin the 1/4 mile and 0-60 will be quicker than jeep grand
> cheroke with the 5.9l at 6.9 for 0-60

Chrysler told me I couldn't order the R/T until March 98. I have written
several letters and made many phone calls pestering them
 about the release date. A Chrysler rep called me at work after
receiving my latest letter and said I could order the R/T starting
in March 98 with late Spring to mid summer delivery (they keep
moving the date back!). All the dealers I talk with have no info on
the R/T. They say I can't order it until Chrysler first sends
them the ordering information apparently in March 98.
 By the way that's a nice webpage John Rivait has on the R/T!

 Catlin