Re: Intermediate Shaft Update (Good News!)

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 12:40:57 EST

>From John Neff:

I'm not sure what the cut off date is on
the TSB, but I will find out on Monday. BTW, my trucks' build date is
10-14. Also, it is for 4X4's although I would not be surprised at all if
a 4X2 also experienced this. I'm guessing that the 4X4's are more prone
to this, as well as all Ram's, simply because of the load on the
steering components with the larger tires. Dunno, but like I said, I
will ask on Monday.
Merry Christmas all, and to all, a good drive.
John

John, Thanks for the info. I just got my Service manual last week and
in browsing through it I see that 4X2's have rack & pinion steering and
4X4's have recirculating ball. I can't remember how the steering shafts
compare (use same or different?). I know that R&P has a much more direct
feel to it compared to conventional recirculating ball boxes.

Have a Happy everyone!

-Bob T.