Re: TSB's (was Re: Intermediate Shaft Update)

From: Marc Robertson (marc@blackberry-ridge.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 19:00:00 EST

Daniel Colucci wrote:

> A recall is where the manufacturer pays to have the problem fixed on all
> cars and makes the public aware that there is a problem. A technical
> service bulliten lets the dealers know what the problem is and if you were
> to bring you automobile in the manufacturer would then pay for it. TSB's
> will not be fixed if there isn't a problem with yor vehicle. With a recall
> the suspect part is changed prior to any problems.

I was told by a local dealer that TSB complaints will only be honored
for the first 12 months / 12000 miles -- good reason to check up on
them. I let of couple of things pass that I found out later might have
been dealt with if I had brought them up in a timely manner.

Marc Robertson
marc@blackberry-ridge.com
'94 SLT