Re: erratic idle speed, Noises, questions

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 25 1997 - 12:40:01 EST

david zavetsky wrote:
> >My fender flares came in last week and I installed them this weekend. Of
> >course some of the mounting holes in the flares were not in the best
> >location for optimal fit. These were supposed to be factory flares!
> >Don't tell me that the guy on the 4x4 assembly line has to get out his
> >drill like I did. With a little tweaking, they fit perfectly. Watch out
> >for the adhesive backing strip on the front flares though - such a tight
> >fit that the strip tears off before its completely removed. Quite a
> >nuisance having to pull the flare back from the fender after its
> >partially adheared to get the rest of the backing strip off.
> >

> What brand were they??? Were they factory???? Or aftermarket....??

They were supposed to be factory - ordered em from the Mopar parts
counter ($245 + tax - yeah, probably overpriced). Looks like they are
manufactured for Dodge by a third party. Can't find the sheet that came
with them - soon as I do, I'll let you know the manufacturer's name.

Other than a slight mtg hole alignment problem witch was easily
corrected, the fit and look great. Now my 4x2 looks just like the R/T in
Sport Truck magazine (with the exception of the wheels and the
lettering) - that 5.9L engine and handling mods would be nice though...

jeff
98 RC SB 4x2 V8 5spd 3.55LSD flares