Re: ?? Ck. List for accepting New Dak ??

From: John C. Worden (sciroco@mint.net)
Date: Fri Dec 26 1997 - 15:40:20 EST

At 12:32 PM 12/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Piziali wrote:
>>
>> My '98, SLT+, 4x4, 5.2L, 5 Speed, CC, Plus everything except Limited
>> Slip Rear will arrive to be picked up on the 31st - whoopee!!
>>
>> I'd like a list of things to carefully check over prior to accepting
>> the vehicle. So far Ihave the following list - if anyone can suggest
>> additions to the list please sent them to me before Sat. the 27th.
>>
>> NEW Vehicle Check List
>>
>> 1) check that the spare is mounted before you leave the dealer.
>>
>> 2) Check Paint
>>
>> 3) Are all Options Present - Take the list attached to purchase order
>>
>> 4) All owners manuals & for ALL Options and Accessories
>>
>> 5) Check Gas & oil and other Fluid levels
>>
>> 6) Jack & tools for tire change
>>
>> 7) Check that everything works - Open and close everything!
>>
>> 8) WHAT ELSE??????
>> --
>> \\\//
Well if you don't want swirl marks in the paint you can request that they
don't wash or wax it. My girlfriend's mother request that the dealer
removes the protective plastic coating with her there and not to wash or
wax it on all vehicles she gets. What the hell you spend 20k on up for a
truck, you can be this picky and expect paint without swirl marks made by
someone other than yourself.

John '98 Dak cc sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, leer classic hard tonneau