Re: TSB's (was Re: Intermediate Shaft Update)

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Dec 27 1997 - 08:26:46 EST

At 10:59 PM 12/26/97 -0600, you wrote:
><< I was told by a local dealer that TSB complaints will only be
>honored
> for the first 12 months / 12000 miles --

Funny, how when a dealer is faced with "non-paying" work, how quickly they
sometimes "invent" policy for CC.....

The TSBs are meant to be "notifications" that there is a fix for a common or
widespread problem. These should be repaired as long as the vehicle is
warrantied for the particular type of problem. I think that these should
be covered for as long as the vehicle is owned, as most of the problems seem
to be either workmanship or materials problems.

In my mind, the TSBs are relaying info about known flaws with the product.
These flaws should be taken care of by the manufacturer, just like a recall.