RE: '89 3.9L V6

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@classic.msn.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 1997 - 17:05:51 EST

Last time I looked through a Mopar Performance catalog, there were lots more
mods available for pre magnum v6 motors than for magnums. Granted, my catalog
is now 3 years old, but I see a lot of parts for pre-magnum motors. Here's
what it lists.

Stage I Engine Package A

Hydraulic cam P4452806
Valve spring P4286813
4-BBL carb P4349229
Intake P4452114
Ignition package P4529402
Chrome valve covers P4452042

Estimated 30-40 hp gain over stock (1991 and earlier)

Stage II Engine Package B

Same a Package A except for the following items:
Hydraulic cam P4452808
Valve seal package P4452050
Centerline camshaft key package P4286500
Roller chain and sprockets P5429267
Low restriction exhaust

Estimated 15-25 hp gain over Stage I

Stage III Engine Package C

Same a Package A and B except for the following items:
HP cam P4452810
Valve springs P4120249
Chrome moly Retainers P4452033
Headers
Header gaskets P4452061
Backcut valves P4452051-052

Estimated 20-30 hp gain over Stage II

Stage IV Engine Package D

Same a Package A, B and C except for the following items:
HP cam P4452814
HD rocker arms P3690710-711
Ported Head P4452747
9.0:1 Pistons P4529419
V6 electronic distributor P4529401

Estimated 30-40 hp gain over Stage III

Building a stage IV would nearly double the HP of the motor. Mopar
Performance also had a 3.9 Commando crate motor that was 160+ hp. I would
still rather do a 360. Point is there are a few pre-magnum mods out there

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM
Truck: 88 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4.
Color: Flash Red
Motor: 3.9 V6
Tranny: A-500 Auto with NP231 Transfer Case
Factory Accessories: AC, Cruise, Tilt, PW, PD, Rear Slider, Light Bar, Fog
Lamps & Covers
Aftermarket Accessories: Lund Interceptor, Lund Moon Visor, Sony
AM/FM/Cassette w/10 Disk Changer, ventguards, custom bed mat, black Dee-Zee
tailgate protector, Lund head-lamp blackouts, 4 Dick Cepek lamps with custom
covers, cowl style hood scoop, 3" TrailMaster body lift, 31x10.50x15 Dunlop
Radial Mud Rovers on 15x10 AR Type 26 rims, X-Tang railed tonneau cover (cut
and fitted to bed bar), Lund TailMate, Rancho RS-5000 Shocks, FlowMaster 3"
in/2 2-1/2" outlets, BushWacker fender flares, Taylor 8mm wires (Red), "FABM",
"DDBC".
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9219