Re: CD Changer?

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 1998 - 16:44:56 EST

On Fri, 02 Jan 1998 20:59:23 -0400, you wrote:

>Does anyone know where they put the CD changer on a 1997-1998 Club
>Cab? I assumed it would be like putting fog lights on the
>Subaru. All of the wires and clamps are there. The dealer told me
>that they do not have a specific place. You kinda engineer it on
>site.

        I have heard and seen it installed in quite a few places. The
glove box is a common one, although in the Dak that make kind of a
long reach from the driver's seat. The center console is common, as is
under the seat, usually the driver's seat.=20

        Any where you decide will likely have problems. Under the
seats usually proves to be tight, requiring lifts for the seats, the
glove box can get to be a hassle running the wires, and in the console
you usually have to take it all apart.

        Mine will be going in the console. It won't be stepped on,
spilled on, seen or be in the way.....easy to reach too.

        Steve

=09
97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....