1996 SBEC

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 15:06:10 EST

> Has anyone found any definitive info about the performance increases
>(or lack thereof) from the '96 SBEC? I believe it was Rich Gambino who
>posted about his dissapointing results. Does anyone have any information
>about why this SBEC might be more "de-tuned" than the earlier ones? (If
>that is indeed the case.) Something to do with OBD-II, maybe? Three hundred
>and something dollars is a lot of money (well, for me, anyway), and I don't
>want to spend it on something that sounds like it could qualify for the lemon
>law. ;-)

I'm planning to call MP tomorrow (they've been on vacation the past
few weeks). I still think I should be able to "feel" a substantial
power increase.

BTW, the P/N for the '96 318 auto is P4876138. I ordered it from
a local dealer and it listed for, I think, $345 but he said he would
sell it to me for $293 (+tax).

Rich
'96 V8 4X4 CC auto
MP SBEC; MP cat-back; K&N drop-in