'96 SBEC

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 15:46:34 EST

I called MP about my "disappointing" perception of the new '96
SBEC that I installed a few weeks ago. He said that the same
software parameters are used as with the prior ones, and the same
gains are achieved: 24HP (18HP @ rear wheels). He suggested that
possibly I was expecting too much, and maybe he's right. Well
after waiting 2 years, can you blame me!

He said that a better indication is do a before and after on a
dyno or at the track at the same conditions, etc. Maybe what I'll
do is leave this in for a while to get "used" to it then swap the
old one back in and compare.

I also asked about the availability of the '97's and he said "not
yet". He didn't seem to want to elaborate...

Rich
'96 V8 4X4 CC auto
MP SBEC; MP cat-back; K&N drop-in