Re: Cataletic converter

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 09:57:11 EST

Sorry to hear your having problems with the dealer. My cat is toast,
you can hear things rattling around in it. I plan on replacing it
with a Hi-Flow (3") cat. They cost about $180, but I should get a
little performance out of it also. You can buy a regular converter
for $99, of course this is through a muffler shop.
Here in Texas the most they do during inspections is look under the
truck to see if the cat is there, but since they don't test emissions
they could care less if it works.

Good Luck
Alan...