Re: Product Reviews Requested

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 16:36:49 EST

> > K&N Air Filter "Injector" Kit (what are the "clones"

> > '95 Dakota XCAB 3.9L V6 shortbox, Emerald Green, stock everything,

> If I were you,
> I would go ahead and purchase a real K&N injector kit, not some fake, or you
> will end up customizing the air intake to fit the generic clone.

  The '95 Dakotas use a round air can, ducted to the grille. The K&N
FIPK for these Dakotas simply replace the stock can with a new round
can, open all 360 degrees. There is no tuned air intake system to
worry about. Any air can which will fit the 5 1/4" (?) Holley throttle
body will work as well as the K&N.

  The K&N does provide you with an S-bolt, all the holes and hardware
necessary to attach your PCV breather, and most importantly a CARB EO #.

  Ron