Re: DML brake pads

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 02:23:58 EST

> How are the brakes in the rain with non-metalic (organic?) brake pads?
> When I tried them in my old Ford it was pretty hairy in wet weather.
>

> Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
> Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
> 1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
> Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD

Frank, the organic pads don't stop as well in any conditions, but
I have'nt noticed any significant difference between wet and dry
weather unless I go through deep water. Then they suck
until you have made a couple of stops. I'd much prefer the factory
brakes, but since I am not using them I have to plan ahead if I have
to submerge my brakes. I am not recommending anyone switch to
organic pads for same braking. It was just economics for me.

Alan...