Re: Tune up

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 19:53:09 EST

<< I have the same question only for a '98 V8. I noticed the Doge 318 for '98
 still has a distributor (as opposed to a sprk box). Could not one bump the
 timing up a few degrees? Might have to run premium but that isn't a proble

Don't think so Tim, Timing is controlled by the computer off the crank
position switch. The disrtibutor controls the Injector timing. Mess with it
and you'll probably have a big meessss. Atleast that is the way it is on the
earlier 318's and I believe it still is.

Bill