Re: GlassPack vs Turbo mufflers

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 21:20:19 EST

At 12:12 PM 1/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm looking to put a less restrictive muffler on my '95 Dakota 3.9L V6,
>but I don't want to wake the neighbors as I leave for work in the morning.

Why not? I do every morning with my Gibson/Dynomax setup!! Nice throarty
rumble!! Shakes the window panes!!!

>Which is louder - glasspack or turbo?

I would guess a glasspack..

>which is less restrictive - glasspack or turbo?

AGain, I would guess the glasspack, although many Turbos say that they can
be LESS restrictive than glasspacks because they "smooth" out the exhaust
pulse....Hmmmmmmm.

>Any product/source suggestions (include part numbers if you know them)?

Tell ya what, the Dynomax Stainless steel racing muffler that Gibson sent me
with their system (this was back in 93, when the Dakota V8s were only
beginning to sprout up!!!) is EXCELLENT!!! Still sounds great today!!!
Deep, throaty rumble at idle, nice roar at speed....
I have a part number somewheres if you would like it!