Re: [Fwd: '95 Dodge Dakota 2WD part #s]

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 05:36:45 EST

> > Ron, I am waiting on bushing for my 94, which are coming from Energy
> > Suspension. Now I did'nt go into details when I ordered, simply
> > stated which sets I wanted. I hope they fit. I will let you know.
>
> Thanks, I'd appreciate it. Where did you order those bushings from?
>
> I looked at their Web version of the Energy Suspension catalog, and
> noticed that they specify a 28mm bushing for the '94 Dodge Dakota 2WD front
> anti-sway bar. That makes sense, as 28mm is awfully close to 1 3/32"
> (1 3/32" == 27.78125mm). I wonder if there would be any problem putting
> a 1 1/8" (28.575mm) bushing on a 28mm sway bar?
>
> Ron

Well after a frustrating weekend I still don't have my new bushings
on. As of Friday I had recieved the front control arm bushings, So I
decided to go ahead and install them. Everything was going fine
until it came time to remove the ball studs. I had borrowed a
universal ball stud remover from AutoZone but it did'nt fit. The
shop manuel shows a Crysler special tool (C-3564-A) that works
completly different from the way the universal one does. Then you
have to use special tool (C-4212) to press the ball stud back in.
Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. So I had to put
everything back together. This is not an easy job. I am going to
call today and see how much these tools cost. If anyone has one or
both of these tools that I could borrow it would be greatly
appriciated. I would be willing to pay rent and shipping if anyone
does. The pits about buying one is I'll probably never use them
again. If the tools are over $100 I will probably look for a good
suspension shop to do the work. I don't trust the dealer to get this
one right.

Alan...

P.S. Ron, I measured my sway bar and it is right on 1 1/16". It
does not look like it would matter if the the urethane D insert was
right on. The OEM ones don't fit that tight.