Re: Emmisions Reminder Lamp

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 20:42:27 EST

At 06:48 PM 1/12/98 EST, you wrote:
>I have 93 Dak, 318 (67500 mile). Yep, the EMR light has been on for 7500
>miles. My truck recently passed our local emissions test (Harris County,
>Texas).
>I sure would like to reset the D@#M thing without paying the dealer, or some
>other Jake-leg the money to do so. The service manual is no help. If anyone
>can tell me how to reset it without the computer, I would greatly appreciate
>it.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>R. Lewis

Hmm, I also have a '93 V8 with about 2k more on the odometer than yours.
But I have not gotten any light yet. Could it be a problem somewhere
making the light come on? Have you checked the codes?

PS: I live just north of you in Montgomery county. I'm glad we don't have
to worry with emissions testing here, but it's probably just a matter of time.

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto, DDBC, MP SBEC
     K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual, WaterWetter
     Doug Thorley Headers, Moroso Blue Max wires
     http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
     http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html