Re: M1 manifold

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 06:49:43 EST

The truck runs great with the supercharger. I was getting detonation until
I put on a Jacobs Boostmaster. the problem is now solved. Now I need to
get the transmission looked at. It has been slipping under full throttle
which really annoys me. I'm taking it in tomorrow probably. The
installation of the supercharger was very straight forward for the Vortech.
 I could give you some hints when the time comes. I don't have an
intercooler because the one from Vortech costs way too much for my budget
to handle. I'd rather build up a 360.

Dan

----------
> From: jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: M1 manifold
> Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 10:47 PM
>
> I am considering putting a supercharger on a 5.9 r/t when i can get one.
> wonder how your 5.2 runs with the supercharger on it. I am also
considering an
> intercooler for the supercharger. Do you have one? The intercooler is
supposed
> to allow more boost without detonation and a higher horsepower output.
>
> Daniel Colucci wrote:
>
> > Today I received an M1 manifold, the Magnum rocker covers, Comp cam
533
> > int .544 ext and a set of Mopar lifters. What I am looking for is some
> > advice on throttle bodies and injectors. I want to go with a four
barrel
> > TB. I am running a Vortech. I probably won't install this camshaft.
If
> > anybody is interested in a cam that isn't computer compatible send me
an
> > e-mail. Anyways, here's an update on my 360 build up. I have an
engine
> > builder who is going to do the work for me for approximately $3000 for
the
> > short block. A lot of this money is for the custom Ross pistons. I am
> > debating how much I want to spend. To go with a 360 I will have to go
with
> > an aftermarket computer, about another $1000. I also need injectors,
fuel
> > rails, and a TB. This should all be together and in the truck late
July