Re: CD Receiver Installation

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 09:12:40 EST

> > Crutchfield makes the
> > directions sound east but i have many a freind that have tried doing it
> > there self and have blown the reciever up.

> well i had mine stalled because it was free and i know the people know
> what they are doing. and my truck pounds. and there are no wires to be
> seen anywhere. you only have fools working on your vehicle if you go to
> like a appliance store or sears or something like that.

  Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Meathands exist in all automotive
technician professions, _especially_ automotive electronic retailers.

  Granted, _if_ you have friends whom you trust to install your new
audio equipment, you're probably in good hands, and by all means take
your business to them. However, don't discourage someone from working
on their own truck because "many a freind [...] have blown the receiver
up."

  These days, with harness adapters and detailed instructions, audio
equipment installations are much easier than in the past. These days,
sensitive digital electronics in both audio and automotive control
systems, you run much more risk of frying something through sloppy
wiring and not being careful.

  Take your time, be careful, _read_ and follow instructions, and you
will be very pleased in what you can accomplish. And 90% of the time,
you'll do a better job than the "professionals."

  Ron