Re: Plywood for Carpeted Bed??

From: David Brown (dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 14:27:44 EST

You could also apply some 3/4 inch wide, 1/4 inch high weather stripping to the
bottom of the plywood. You just need to mark where the bed high points are. I'd
suggest paying particular attention to the corners, and laying 3 strips in the
very middle to provide more support and stability. A couple more strips from the
center to the sides and you're done. 4 rolls ought to do the trick. Heck you
could put some on the sides of the plywood to prevent it from scratching the bed
sides. The stripping should provide enough grip to keep it from moving a lot,
and a cushion against squeaks.

This stuff works well under a regular bed liner as well. Every look under the
liner? You'll find a lot of scratches from the liner rubbing against the paint.
The stripping stops this. Something I found out the hard way. Good luck.

--
David Brown              Mailto:dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu