Re: Extended warranty...

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 09:13:30 EST

> I hope your Dodge does not give you bad service but here is what happened to me
> with another brand of truck on which I had (luckily) purchased the extended
> warranty.
> After the 3-36 had expired the extended warranty had to pay to replace, 1 auto
> trans and torque converter, would have cost me 1700.00 installed. the a/c
> compressor 3 times at over 300.00each.
> Heater core 200.00 installed. Evaporator core, 500.00. Antilock brake unit
> 1700.00. The ecm, coil, distributor, idle air controller, manifold air pressure
> sensor, 1 power window motor, tie rod ends and control arm bushings. Other ods
> and ends I cant remember them all and oh yes, REBUILD THE ENGINE 3 TIMES due to 1
> broken piston, 1 melted piston ,and 3 bent rods.
> once again I hope your Dodge and the one i hope to order soon dont do this, but i
> figure the 1400.00 I
> paid for my extended warranty saved me over $20,000.00 in repairs. Oh by the way
> dont ever think about buying a GMC (or Chevrolet - same thing). I know I wont
> ever again. PS. this truck still only has 57k miles on it!

You shouldn't have such problems out of your Dodge, never heard of anyone
with a horror-story like that with a Dodge. Heck I know of people with
over 200K on their Daks who've never had to do any major repairs on their
truck. But, I guess it would still be better to get the extended warranty
for peace of mind if nothing else....

Bruce