Re: Dealer and shop manual question

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 16:13:58 EST

> Meanwhile, I asked the dealer to order a copy of the shop manual for the
> truck, and they acted like I was speaking Martian. "Uh... Whaddya mean?",
> and "Well, we have manuals that covers all the vehicles by system, but not
> one for all the systems in a particular vehicle".

  Don't worry about it. The owner's manual will have instructions for ordering
your shop manual.

  This dealer may well be partially correct, as they might have service manuals
organized by system for use in dealer service bays. But this dealer is also
ignorant, since Chrysler makes the same information available to the public,
organized by model/year. I think I'd just order it directly if I were you.

  Ron