Re: 3:92 gear conversion - Dakota

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 10:38:59 EST

KARL MOLTZAN wrote:
> I have done serveral mods.The exhaust and intake will wake
> it up.Keep the 3.55s. Alan casey has 3.21s in his CC
> and is just as fast as mine. Headers and underdrive
> pulleys will improve ETs also. Electrics fans Dont
> cool enough to use in the summertime.Have fun and listen
> to experince. I Transgo shiftkit is good for the autos.
>
> Karl Moltzan
> 92 CC 4X2 5.2L 4/5RT(stock cam)
> 1.7Crower, Electric Fans
> DTs,Stock coil
> B&M Shifter 4200lbs
> 15.054@90.124
> kmoltzan@mymail.net

Karl,

Which exhaust and intake setup are you using?

I had been considering an electric fan and was going to ask about your
setup. So you've had cooling problems with it? What fan setup are you
using - single fan or multiples? Is it thermostatically controlled or
does it run all the time? Have you actually noticed better throttle
response since removing the stock pulley driven fan? Would a fiberglass
fan offer any improvement over the stock metal unit with clutch?

jeff
98 RC V8 5spd 3.55LSD