Re: Dealer and shop manual question

From: Tomdamit (Tomdamit@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 10:59:14 EST

Phil, dealers apparently can look up info as to when the truck was built and
actually where it is to a certain degree. I ordered mine 11-18 through my
company fleet dept. They directed me to a dealer in KS that handles all our
vehicles. That dealer placed the order 11-18 and sent me a copy of what
appears to be a computer screen with the date, equipt. and so on. I was told
"about 8 weeks". I suppose the operative word was "about". I'm going into 10
weeks. The KS dealer advised the truck was built 12-16. The receiving dealer
here in Riverside, CA was able to advise that the truck was on a railcar in
Wichita last week and further advised the railcar was scheduled to arrive at
it's off load point here in So. CA at 11 P.M. last night! It sounds like you
need to keep pushing someone. Good Luck... sounds also like your truck should
"be in soon". :-)