Re: Extended warranty...

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 15:08:59 EST

Excuse me, I haven't been bashing other carmakers, and like I said in
earlier posts, I know Dodge has made mistakes and that other companies
make good vehicles, but from my experience and my friend's experiences it
seems that overall Dodge(Trucks anyway, don't know a lot about the quality
of their cars) has made fewer mistakes than some of the other truckmakers
out there....I know of several people who've owned Fords and Chevies with
no problems also know of several people who've had them blow up before
they have 50K on them. My 2 older brothers have owned nothing but Fords
for as long as I can remember, they've had a couple that never gave any
trouble, also had a couple that were nothing but trouble, had to have them
worked on every couple of months, so mixed results there, non one in my
family has ever had good luck with Chevy trucks, one brother had a chevy
van and had to have the engine and transmission rebuilt before he put 50K
on it, had a chevy truck that had trans fall out of it at 57K, my uncle
had a chevy that had 4 trans in it before 50K, as far as GMC cars go I
know of people who've had pretty good luck out of them, especially the
buicks and Oldsmobiles, anyway what I'm trying to say is that every
manufacturer has some good designs and some bad designs, it just seems
that as far as their TRUCKS go Dodge makes fewer mistakes and has a better
design than the rest...