Re: Extended warranty

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 21:12:02 EST

I didnt be too rpugh on the gmc syclone, I didnt go to any dragstrip, or
street racing other than to beat the other guy at a stoplight occasionally.
No trailer towing (veichle manual said dont even think about it or put more
than 500lbs in the bed.) I only ran up to high speed a few times (maybe
130 mph) and I dont make a habit of that either. I just want a truck that
is thrilling to take off in if one wants to. I don't think if one wants to
floorboard the gas every once and a while it should blow up the engine. I
f it does than I dont want that kind of veichle. The problem as I see it
is taking a Chevy v6 that id designed to put out about 160-190 hp and force
feeding it with so much turbo boost that it makes 280-300 hp is too much
stress for the design of the engine. I must point out that my son had a
shelby daytona turbo 4 banger with a 5 speed which he drove the u no what
out of it and sold it to a cousin whose dad is big wheel in local Mopar
club, and still drives it rough at over 100k miles and it aint broke yet.
By the way I am no hotrod kid, I was born 01/29/1947. If you cant figure i
will be 51 next week!