Re[2]: Performance mods....

From: Joe Borg (joe.borg@ccmail.dowjones.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 07:51:55 EST

     What is the address for the DML home page? Thanks, Joe

Subject: Re: DML: Performance mods....
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at internet
Date: 1/22/98 4:12 PM

When it comes to K&N, you have two choices:
1) Replace just the filter, keeping everything else stock. This adds about 5
horses, and costs about $35.
2) You could also get a K&N FIPK, which replaces the entire air box, and is an
open element filter. There is also an FIPK clone, that you can do for cheaper,
but I'm not getting it b/c you have to bend your own s- bolt, and it doesn't
come with the filter cleaner, or some hook up that escaped my mind now. To see
what I'm talking about, look at the DML homepage, there are lots of engine
pictures with the FIPK on them.