Re: FIPK vs. open element was Order times

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 11:51:16 EST

> what are the advantages of a FIPK vs. a open
> element filter?
> the reason that i am asking this is that in
> the jegs catalog that i just got it shows a bunch of open element filters
> (by K&N and others)then it shows a FIPK by K&N, but this one looks totally
> different.

  For some applications, the FIPK replaces a whole tuned intake port assembly.
That's what the picture in the Jeg's catalog shows. The Dakota FIPK (at least
for '96 and earlier), is simply an open element can and K&N filter, with CARB
exemption # and all hardware included. This is why many of us have saved
the $40 and rolled our own. Performance-wise, there is no difference.
Legal-wise and hassle-wise, there is a difference.

  Ron