air bag

From: dy (dyorke@thefuture.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 11:28:54 EST

This is sort of a generic problem (for some) but I do drive a 1995 Dakota
and I love it!!

I'm trying to find a way to dismember my air bag. I called the Dodge
dealership and they informed me that big brother says I can't...even tho I'm
under 100 pounds and have to sit close to the wheel (not very tall either).

I do have wire snippers. Anyone willing to tell me which wire to snip? (Is
this a federal offense? Will I go to jail? for an
airbag??????????????????? If I wear a full body helmet will I still be in
trouble? And if I do cut the wire, who will know? Do they check when I
take it in for service? Are there air bag police?......(sorry, I hate that
thing)

Dianne