oil questions

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 23:46:42 EST

> From: Buzz Malouin <buzz_malouin@yahoo.com>
> Subject: DML: novice questions
> Hi, I just bought a left-over 97 4X4 V6. I have a few questions.
> Should I put an oil additive in (Slick50) or nothing? What type/brand
> of oil is the best ? And what kind of performance improvements can I
> make ?

I just sold an '82 olds with 230,000 on the clock. used a couple
of water pumps and fuel pumps, but thats it.
I broke it in for 10,000 mi with good oil, changeing it every
3,000, then I converted to Mobil 1, and changed it every 10,000
miles. Ran that since new, and it would only burn 1/2 qt every 10,000
miles. innerds of the engine ran like a clock. (well)
I plan on the same treatment for my DAK.
 I have heard mileage will go up 1 mpg or so.
Mike

--
 "What a waste it is to lose one's mind.  Or not to have a mind
is being very wasteful. How true that is."- Vice Pres. D. Quayle