Re: Sway Bars

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 13:01:41 EST

> I'm just getting rear sways now b/c of money. Should I wait and
> buy both front and rear when I can start my job again, and can afford
> both at the same time?

  DO NOT drive a vehicle with only a rear anti-sway bar installed.
The handling would be dangerous, to say the least.

  If you're just thinking about replacing existing anti-sway bars,
then measure your bars' thicknesses in order to make sure you're
actually benefitting from the upgrade. I didn't bother to change
out my front bar since the Addco upgrade only gave me 1/32" more
thickness.

  The DML archives have a lot of good information on the bars. I think
that someone was working on an anti-sway bar FAQ? Maybe we can get it
reposted...

> Is Addco good, where can you buy it.

  I bought Addco. You can order some of their stuff from the JC Whitney
catalog. Or contact the nice people at www.addcoindustries.com and they'll
tell you if there's a local dealer.

> Would Bell
> Tech be better, or are you just paying for the name?

  Never heard of them. There's Sport Tech by Hellwig. Their bars were slightly
smaller than the Addco, and I didn't like the way they mounted, but that's
up to you.

> What size is best, or do I even have a choice?

  There's slight size differences between brands, but you only get one choice
per brand as far as I know.

  Ron