RE: Low Fuel Warning Question

From: Chris Ruggiers (Ruggiers@telepath.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 17:21:38 EST

My 91 LE CC was supposed to have a 23 gal tank, and my manual said the
light comes on with an eighth of a tank, i.e., something around 3 gallons.
same thing. However, after a dead-stick coast into a gas station (I mean
the tank was bone dry), I could only put in 21.7 gallons, and that was up to
the neck. An eighth of 21 is just over 2.5, but even on its best day, my 91
318 never got bettter than 19 mpg and that was coming down out of the
mountains, which means with low fuel light on, I'd think 45 miles would
really be pushing it.

Chris