Re: re>Key Locking Tailgate Latch

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 11:42:34 EST

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 21:15:49 -0800, you wrote:

>R&S caries POP & Lock, the 97 & 98 are the same, I=20
>have one on my 98 DAK, and it looks good, and works
>well. You remove the plastic trim around the latch,
>(it's EZ to do) and this lock ($25) covers the whole=20
>hole up, you cannot see the latch. To pry the latch=20
>off, I think the sheet metal on the tailgate will tear=20
>first before the cover will let go. The key is oddball,
>another key to hang on your keychain.

        I have been talking to a couple of listers about a lock that
McGard has for the older Daks and soon to be 97's up I hope. It looks
like a bolt that replaces one of your existing tailgate bolts. It has
the standard puzzle nut, with a rotating collar to prevent vise grips
from loosing it. No key, no trouble. (Unless you take the tailgate off
often)

> They also carry a spare tire lock, but I like the
>Dodge aftermarket one better, the dodge one is basicly
>a new winch handle, with a key pattern like lug bolt=20
>locks,=20

        I have one and it is handy....

        Steve