re>Key Locking Tailgate Latch

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Thu Jan 29 1998 - 00:15:49 EST

>Hi all,
>Just a quick question, does anyone know of a locking tailgate latch
>for a 97 ? Or, even better one that can be keyed the same as the

http://www.rtis.com/nat/com/R&S/security.htm

R&S caries POP & Lock, the 97 & 98 are the same, I
have one on my 98 DAK, and it looks good, and works
well. You remove the plastic trim around the latch,
(it's EZ to do) and this lock ($25) covers the whole
hole up, you cannot see the latch. To pry the latch
off, I think the sheet metal on the tailgate will tear
first before the cover will let go. The key is oddball,
another key to hang on your keychain.
 They also carry a spare tire lock, but I like the
Dodge aftermarket one better, the dodge one is basicly
a new winch handle, with a key pattern like lug bolt
locks, the R&S one, you have to crawl under the truck
and use ANOTHER key to unlock it. Bad news if you are
hung on a rock, or if it's muddy.
        Mike.Burgess@akamail.com