Re: LSD!

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 22:46:57 EST

> They don't
> >supply power to both wheels at the same time, they supply
> power to the
> >wheel
> >that has traction. If you were on a frozen lake they would
> be worthless,
>

> WRONG BOTH tires would spin and if you where light on the
> throttle you just might get going.
>
> >but
> >in most cases, including the drag strip, when one wheel
> spins the other is
> >on
> >a good surface.
>
> In reality you will lay down TWO rubber stipes instead of
> one
>

> Karl Moltzan
> 92 CC 4X2 5.2L 4/5RT(stock cam)
> 1.7Crower, Electric Fans
> DTs,Stock coil
> B&M Shifter 4200lbs
> 15.054@90.124
> kmoltzan@mymail.net

  I'm gonna have to go with Karl on this one. If you go back to my
highschool, my parking spot last year had TWO black strips coming out of
it, as well as TWO black strips coming off the front of the speed bump.
(I used to play drag strip, and the speedbump was where I would stage. A
shallow stage actually got the rear wheels airborne for about 6 inches,
which would burn the heck out of those little Goodyear Invictas I used
to have on it.)
I still don't like those tires. I can't imagine why they needed
replacing with only 35xxx miles on them.
Robert Trottmann