Re: Speakers and Amps

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 01 1998 - 09:59:42 EST

At 06:06 PM 2/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Don't know if this will help, but in my reg cab, I have a custom box, looks
>like wedge of cheese behind the seats. The 10" subs are towards the sides,
>and the amps are in the middle. The next amp I'm going to add is self
>cooling, which is the only type I'd put under the seat. Is there a back
>seat of sorts in your truck? What about subs under the back seat, w/ the
>amp between them?
>Collins, Richard wrote:

I've worked on this last summer... I totally replaced the plastic storage
under the seats with 3/4" highqual plywood. Due to lack of money i wasn't
able to get a Solobaric 8" but i did get a Kenwood 606 and have the wood
work done. There is not enough room for 2 8"s with amps between. I
originally built twin cavities for two 8s but decided one 8 and a center
(offset) amp mounting. Once i finish it this summer and get it carpeted
it'll look sweet. The amps flush to the top and it has a small jack
compartment. Turned out well, wish i could finish it.

THERE IS VERY LITTLE ROOM TO SPARE.

mm
               Michael Meyerhoff
        Junior Civil Engineering Student