Re: Changing Serpentine Belt

From: RLewis7785@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 21:00:34 EST

You Write....

<<I tried to change the serpentine drive belt on my '95 V6 this past
weekend, and couldn't figure out which bolt to turn to get the old belt
off. My Hanes manual says to loosen THE bolt on the idler pulley, rotate
the pulley out of the way and remove the belt.>>

On my '92 V8, all you do is put a wrench on the bolt head in the center of the
tensioner pully and lever the pulley to the inside, and slip the belt off.
This is really stiff, but it can be done. BTW, There is a nice simple
explanatory sticker on the fron bulkhead under the hood of mine. It helped
clear things up. The new one is a bitch to get on, but hang in there. I
changed mine when I had a water pump go out (thats another story).

Good Luck, Hope it Helps.

Richard Lewis
92 318, LE CC, Black and Silver